Red Deer & Blackfalds Web Design Writes:
Deciding your Small Business Website requires a members-only section is a viable option for a number of business models. It can be used to:
- Allow for an exclusive membership add-on to any product/service
- Restrict access to certain documents/articles that may not be purposeful for all users
- Function as a passive source of income (should you have the audience necessary to allow for paid memberships)
- …the list goes on…
But how do you set it up? Is there an easier way than paying a custom programmer thousands of dollars to do so?
I’ll admit those are loaded questions. Valuing your time for your own expertise is monumental in growing your business! But if you’re choosing to take the path of Do It Yourself then here are two great plugins you can use for any WordPress installation when converting it to a membership website:
- WP-Members Membership Plugin – this plugin will quickly and easily format your website so that all pages/posts are under username and password protection via the built in “Users” functionality on any WordPress installation. Visit Plugin Website.
- WP Admin UI Customize – because each user will ultimately also have access to the dashboard of your WordPress site, use this plugin to dictate what they can and can’t see based on their user level. Visit Plugin Website.
And there you have it! Granted, based on the theme and type of install you have this may require some custom programming/CSS in order to accomplish the full desired effect. But! It should be more than enough to get you started!