Red Deer & Blackfalds Web Design Writes:
A while back I wrote an article about the Top WordPress Plugins (which you can link to by clicking on this article), and I highlighted 5 of my all-time favourite WordPress Plugins to help maximize your website! As the world of Web Design & Development progresses, greater and more effective plugins come to the market that can make Development very interesting. Below are 5 additional plugins I use consistently to help make the most of the websites I develop for myself personally as well as professionally:
- underConstruction – a simple and effective plugin you can utilize to display an “Under Construction” page on a website if it is currently under development and you don’t want to show off the site just yet!
- Anti-Spam Bee – just a quick and easy way to combat the Spam you will experience if running a WordPress Blog on your website.
- Insert PHP – this plugin allows you to utilize shortcodes for PHP on your specific pages/posts you are developing. Even if it’s just running a small loop, this can really help to develop pages quickly and allow you to utilize your knowledge of PHP.
- Search Regex – every once in a while you find yourself needing to switch an instance of a certain string on your website that appears in various locations. Fear not! As with this plugin you can search and replace various instances of the same string quickly and easily.
- Starbox – if you’ve read any of my articles before you will notice I have a small box at the bottom that shows a small picture of myself as well as a brief write up. For one man blogs, or blogs ran by various individuals, this is an interesting option to allow for a greater sense of identity for your readers!
As I stated in my previous article, links to all of these can be found by selecting the appropriate name above. It takes a little bit of know-how to download the files and load them to your FTP; however, you can always search and download them from your CMS back-end of your WordPress site! Of course, if you ever feel uncomfortable configuring or using it may be necessary to utilize the help of a professional. Happy developing!