Red Deer & Blackfalds Web Design Writes:
For a Small Business owner, your efforts for success fall into two avenues:
- Attracting new clients/customers to your products/services
- Maintaining existing clients/customers
So how do I do this?
The answer to this question will of course change for every business in question; however, by knowing a little more about Mere Exposure Effect it may help you develop ideas as to where your efforts are best concentrated:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The mere-exposure effect is a psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them. In social psychology, this effect is sometimes called the familiarity principle. The effect has been demonstrated with many kinds of things, including words, Chinese characters, paintings, pictures of faces, geometric figures, and sounds. In studies of interpersonal attraction, the more often a person is seen by someone, the more pleasing and likeable that person appears to be.
So how can I utilize my Website/Social-Medias to increase my Mere Exposure Effect?
- Post Frequently – by producing and posting quality content on a consistent basis, it is more likely you are going to be seen and recognized as a professional in your industry. This will ultimately help you gain followers, website traffic, and notoriety.
- Stay Current – developing your own website is certainly attainable for a Small Business Owner, but staying current with industry standards can be challenging. Consider hiring a professional to make sure your website stays up to date and functional across all platforms/browsers/devices.
- SEO – having strong Search Engine Optimization is a great way to be seen and recognized in your profession. Learn more about SEO & Getting Ranked by following the link.