Red Deer & Blackfalds Web Design Writes:
For Small Business owners and Website Developers, one of the most important elements on a Website is assigning a Call to Action in order to generate new business. In order to accomplish this as best as possible it is important to capture your audience by drawing their eye(s) to a certain part of the page. This is generally done with a link to a contact section that contrasts the rest of the page.
For instance, if you saw this somewhere on a page you wouldn’t be inclined to click:
But! If you saw something like this, you naturally would be more inclined:
- border-radius: – will give the corners of your button a slight curvature.
- background: – sets the background colour and/or image of the button.
- color: – controls the colour of the text in the button.
- font-size: – sets the size of the font inside the button.
- padding: – will add padding both on top of the lettering, as well as to the sides.
- font-weight: – will either thin-out or bold the lettering of the button.
- border: – set the line weight, colour and type of border around a button.
The CSS of a button can be taken further, but by using the rules above you will be able to generate a beautiful button in no time at all!